Friday, June 17, 2016

Family Friday: Mother of Patrick

For my second Family Friday post, I will talk about my only boy, Patrick.



3rd Grade Picture, Last Fall

Patrick is a good boy. I know moms just say that kind of thing, but he is so good! If I ask him to do something, he is the most likely to just do it out of all the kids. Even when he was young and did something he shouldn't have, if I told him to go to time out, he dropped whatever he was doing and just...went. And he went quietly, too.



First Halloween-All of our kids wore the same duck costume.


He was always a good kid. He was a good baby, from what I remember. That sounds terrible, but he was born when his older sister was just 14 months old. She kept me running like crazy, and I didn't have much bonding time with him, unfortunately. 


6th Birthday


He's a sweet, sensitive kid. He loves to snuggle with soft things. He's a best friend to Leah and Emma, and can relate to both of them on their respective levels. It's so fun to see him in his big brother role. He was the first person to get a laugh out of Emma when she was a baby, and he takes good care of her. 



First day of Kindergarten


So he's good and he's sweet, but he's also very smart and creative. He doesn't like to be bogged down in details, but when he starts thinking about something you never know what crazy but deep insight will come out of his mouth. He loves math and science and video games like Plants versus Zombies and Skylanders. He also likes to read but he's not a big fan of having to track what he reads for assignments. 

One time when he was at recess in first grade he thought of a poem, which he shared with me that night, and which I recorded and transcribed. Here it is: 


Up High

I’m going so high,
High, high, high.

Higher than the trees,
Higher than the sky,
Higher than the clouds in the sky.

So high,
I’m higher than Earth!

I’m going so high up,
I’m past the moon.
Past the sun and stars!

I’m so high up,
I’m past the Milky Way!

So, so, high,
That I’m at the end of space!

But I want to go back down again.

So I go
Down, down, down.
Down past the Milky Way and Pluto.

Down, down, down.
Past the stars and the moon.

Down, down, down,
Down at Earth.

I go under the sky, clouds.
Under the trees.

Back on the ground,
Where I belong.


Isn't he the best? I love him and I just know watching him grow up will be full of fun and surprises. 














No comments:

Post a Comment