Friday, June 10, 2016

Family Friday: Mother of Emma

I mentioned in my first post that I have three kids. I'd like to introduce you to my youngest. It's fitting because I believe her name is actually synonymous with mayhem. 



We had our older two just 14 months apart, an experience I both highly recommend and would never, ever recommend. So we took a break, waited until they were both out of diapers and we could catch our breath, then decided it was time for our big finale.




She's the baby of the family and she lives up to the stereotype (I should know; we share a special connection in that regard). She gets away with way too much by being clever and cute, and demands our constant attention. But she is fiercely independent--just try to help her with something. I dare you.




She can be pretty camera shy at times, like me, but I just can't help taking as many pictures as possible. I know that one day this little girl will be a distant memory and a big kid will emerge.




That is a fact I've learned, despairingly, from the older two. She is the baby and she always will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment